Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Exports of groundnuts fall by 42%Indian fruit and vegetable and groundnut exports in April-July (2017-18) have shrunk around 7% and 42%, respectively.
“We expect fruits and vegetables exports to revive in the next few quarters of the current fiscal and overall we anticipate a higher shipment in comparison to last year,” said D K Singh, chairman, Apeda. India’s farm and processed foods exports had fallen to 1.08 lakh crore in FY17 against 1.31 lakh crore in FY15. Analysts say that in the current fiscal year the exports could revive.
Former commerce minister Nirmala Sitharaman had last year stated that the primary reasons for the decline in agricultural exports included low commodity prices in the international market, shrinking global demand and high domestic prices, compared with the international prices.
The problem was compounded by unfavourable currency rate movements compared with competing countries.
1 Lakh = 100,000
Read more at financialexpress.com
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: