Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Exports of groundnuts fall by 42%Indian fruit and vegetable and groundnut exports in April-July (2017-18) have shrunk around 7% and 42%, respectively.
“We expect fruits and vegetables exports to revive in the next few quarters of the current fiscal and overall we anticipate a higher shipment in comparison to last year,” said D K Singh, chairman, Apeda. India’s farm and processed foods exports had fallen to 1.08 lakh crore in FY17 against 1.31 lakh crore in FY15. Analysts say that in the current fiscal year the exports could revive.
Former commerce minister Nirmala Sitharaman had last year stated that the primary reasons for the decline in agricultural exports included low commodity prices in the international market, shrinking global demand and high domestic prices, compared with the international prices.
The problem was compounded by unfavourable currency rate movements compared with competing countries.
1 Lakh = 100,000
Read more at financialexpress.com
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: