Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwan to send ag council delegation to Japan in OctoberTaiwan's Council of Agriculture (COA) will send a delegation to Japan in October on a fact-finding mission to learn more about the country's fruit distribution and marketing system, as part of an effort to modernize the export of Taiwanese fruit, COA Minister Lin Tsung-hsien (林聰賢) said Monday.
With a comprehensive market-oriented model already in place for the export of green soybeans, with a 47 percent market share in Japan, the COA is planning to develop a similar model for bananas, pineapples and mangoes, Lin said.
For example, bananas from Taiwan can no longer engage in price competition but rather need to adopt a high-price strategy to differentiate them from bananas grown in the Philippines, Central and South America, he said.
This means that Taiwan needs to formulate a standardized system to ensure the quality of bananas, including loading the fruit directly from farms onto rail trucks for transport to port, he explained.
The delegation will be led by COA Deputy Minister Chen Chi-chung (陳吉仲) and comprise more than 20 people, according to the COA.
Publication date: 9/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: