Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Snact releases snack bars made from unwanted bananas
The Snact brand has announced the launch of a new range of snack bars, which uses ‘unwanted and unloved’ bananas, following a recent successful Crowdfunding campaign.
The bars have been created as part of Snact’s #deliciousprotest campaign, which aims to help reduce the amount of edible bananas being thrown away in Britain every day (1.4 million), by using fruit that would otherwise have gone to waste. Wrapped in cutting edge home-compostable packaging, the bars are one of the first mainstream natural snack bars that use bananas (rather than dates) as their main ingredient.
The range is available in three flavours – Apple & Cinnamon, Carrot & Spice, and Beetroot & Cacao – all at an RRP of £1.39. The bars are vegan friendly, gluten free, contain less than 130 calories each, and do not contain flavouring, colourant or artificial sweeteners. Snact said the bars offers slow-release energy and balanced nutrition.
Ilana Taub, Snact director, noted: “The Crowdfunding campaign has clearly demonstrated that people get what we’re doing and we hope retails buy into our vision too … We’ve been out taste testing with bar samples and nearly everyone we’ve spoken to says they prefer the banana base, which gives the bars a deliciously soft and moist texture, which is perhaps not surprising given it’s the nation’s favourite fruit."
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: