Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Schweppes Zimbabwe in talks with govt to produce more fruit trees
Schweppes Zimbabwe is engaged in talks with the Government over the production of fruit trees destined for the export market.
Environment, Water and Climate Minister Oppah Muchinguri- Kashiri, said the Government is in the process of implementing a national programme on fruit tree production, dubbed Command Agroforestry.
Under the initiative, seedlings of various fruit trees such as avocado pears, lemons and mangoes, among others, are being planted.
"Fruits in general are in great demand worldwide in places such as China. I am delighted that consultations are underway with private companies such as Schweppes to ensure that this programme becomes a success," Minister Muchinguri-Kashiri said.
Some of the initiatives include partnering the private sector companies in tree planting, agroforestry and the introduction of new varieties.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: