Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Schweppes Zimbabwe in talks with govt to produce more fruit trees
Schweppes Zimbabwe is engaged in talks with the Government over the production of fruit trees destined for the export market.
Environment, Water and Climate Minister Oppah Muchinguri- Kashiri, said the Government is in the process of implementing a national programme on fruit tree production, dubbed Command Agroforestry.
Under the initiative, seedlings of various fruit trees such as avocado pears, lemons and mangoes, among others, are being planted.
"Fruits in general are in great demand worldwide in places such as China. I am delighted that consultations are underway with private companies such as Schweppes to ensure that this programme becomes a success," Minister Muchinguri-Kashiri said.
Some of the initiatives include partnering the private sector companies in tree planting, agroforestry and the introduction of new varieties.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: