Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Schweppes Zimbabwe in talks with govt to produce more fruit trees
Schweppes Zimbabwe is engaged in talks with the Government over the production of fruit trees destined for the export market.
Environment, Water and Climate Minister Oppah Muchinguri- Kashiri, said the Government is in the process of implementing a national programme on fruit tree production, dubbed Command Agroforestry.
Under the initiative, seedlings of various fruit trees such as avocado pears, lemons and mangoes, among others, are being planted.
"Fruits in general are in great demand worldwide in places such as China. I am delighted that consultations are underway with private companies such as Schweppes to ensure that this programme becomes a success," Minister Muchinguri-Kashiri said.
Some of the initiatives include partnering the private sector companies in tree planting, agroforestry and the introduction of new varieties.
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: