Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New giant "Sumo" mandarins hit New Zealand
A giant mandarin is the newest food trend to hit supermarket shelves in New Zealand.
After wild success in the United States and Australia, Kiwis can now enjoy Sumo Citrus mandarins for the first time - but be quick, they appear to be selling out already.
The fruit combines the best of the easy-to-peel mandarin with the juiciness, sweetness and size of an orange. And what's more, they are seedless.
They are already proving popular in Auckland with New World Albany selling out of their week's allocation within an hour yesterday, despite the fist-sized fruit going for $2.98 each at the supermarket.
"Our customers are absolutely enjoying them - the team at New World Albany report they are indeed flying out the door," said Foodstuffs head of external relations Antoinette Laird.
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: