Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peach prices in Ukraine rise 70% in a week
The majority of Ukrainian fruit farms are now finishing their peach season. Current supply is rather limited which has enabled growers to raise their prices, according to Fruit-Inform.
Growers are now selling their peaches at EUR 0.49-0.72/kg, an increase of 70% week-on-week.
Growers are dissatisfied with the results of the outgoing season. Ukrainian peach production was lower than in 2016 due to bad weather conditions in the second half of spring. Nevertheless, prices of Ukrainian peaches were 20% lower year-on-year within this season due to moderate demand and high competition with Moldovan produce.
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: