Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Top quality pears expected at the upcoming Futurpera 2017
At about two months from the 2nd edition of FuturPera Expo which is to take place in Ferrara - Italy, from 16 to 18 November 2017, a sure thing can be already affirmed: the Italian and Foreign buyers visiting the exhibition will find a top quality production offer according to Albano Bergami, Vice President of the Pear Interprofessional Organization (OI Pera).
“The event has been conceived and is intended to extend the promotion and commercialisation of the pears into international markets. FuturPera could not exist without our products, some of them unique like the Abate Fetel variety.”
Good first prices were also seen for the Abate variety: from Eur 0,68 /kg for the size 60+ and from Eur 0,78 to 0,86/kg for the size 65+.
The particularly dry climate conditions, while increasing the irrigation costs, did not affect the production so much as a 6% increase is estimated in Emilia-Romagna region.
“The volume appears to be stable or even rising and the quality outstanding. The lack of rainfall has resulted in an increased sugar content making sweeter all the varieties. Thanks to these positive features, an increase in sales is expected, especially starting from September on, which traditionally represents the most favourable period for the pear consumption.”
"Also the production costs are satisfactory according to a market trend which, for the second consecutive year, rewards the high quality standards.“
For more information:
Mob: +39 348 8986396
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: