Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shanghai Inspection team intercepts potato virusRecently, the Shanghai Inspection and Quarantine Bureau found a harmful potato virus in three imported batches of carrot seeds from Japan and France. According to the Chinese Academy of Inspection and Quarantine, this is the first time that this virus has been intercepted in China. Because it can severely harm many crops, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine issued a warning on 15 August regarding this virus.
Currently, the Shanghai Bureau has sealed the infected carrot seeds. Based on plant breeding data, the port and the Inspection and Quarantine Technology Center have issued a warning that advises to start using linkage mechanisms to effectively prevent the spread of the virus. Simultaneously, the Bureau will strengthen the quarantine and control of imported vegetable seeds from Japan and Europe to prevent these dangerous diseases from entering China. This year, the Shanghai port has already found eight batches of infected vegetable and fruit seeds, with a total weight of 1125.8 kilograms and a value of 70390.62 dollar, reaching a new high.
Source: General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: