Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese apple and pear exporters hope to advance in European market
"Because of the heavy rain and hail, this year's Shaanxi apple and pear production is smaller than last year, but the quality is still the same," according to Mr. Sun of Pucheng PuXing Import and Export Co Ltd.
Healthy apples in the sunshine
Large Su pears
"Together with the Shaanxi Agricultural Collective, we hold a few hundred hectares of apple and pear fields, where we grow Fuji apples and Su pears. They are in supply from September until May the next year. Our fruit is mainly sold through the port of Qingdao to the South East Asian and Middle East market."
Colorful Fuji apples
"The export season will start next month. This year's export price will not be very high, especially the apple price. This is because the Indian market has closed, and Indonesia has changed its quota for imported apples. While we are dividing our export quantity over our different foreign markets, we are also working to find new high end markets, such as Europe. We hope that we will be able to work together with European supermarkets, chain stores or large scale distributors."
"Similar to many agricultural products, the main threat in the growth process of apples and pears, apart from the weather, are plant diseases and insect pests. In order to prevent these, our research team performs inspections regularly, and guides the farmers in taking management steps. Of course, apart from our own efforts, the Shaanxi Ministry of Agriculture is also working to give us more support in policies, funds, and providing regular training."
Su pears production
"As a modernized exporter of agricultural products, we are genuinely interested in conversing with industry experts. We will be attending Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong from 6 to 8 September, and we are looking forward to seeing you at our stand 3-T17G."
Pucheng PuXing Import and Export Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 18591767049 (Wechat: SUN20140923INDIA; Whatsapp: +91 9500605480)
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: