Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
International Onion Meeting 2017
World onion sector to meet in Spain
From the 15 to 16 of November, the world onion sector has an unmissable event in the city of Albacete, Spain, for the celebration of the Second International Meeting of the Onion Sector, IOM 2017, which will address the main aspects which affect this crop.
The International Meeting of the Onion sector had, in its last edition, more than 350 participants, from 18 different nationalities, and achieved its objective of serving as a meeting point for the whole sector. A place to contribute knowledge about the different ways and means of cultivating this bulb that is so appreciated all over the world.
The city chosen for this new edition of the IOM, in 2017, is the city of Albacete, Spain, one of the main onion producers in Europe and worldwide, with an onion production that exceeds one million tons. Specifically in this past 2016 campaign it reached the figure of 1,343,655 tonnes produced, becoming the largest European producer.
The 2017 IOM edition take place from the 15th to the 16th of November. On November 15, different aspects of the crop will be analyzed, such as new varieties, existing quality protocols, phytosanitary advances in the control of pests and diseases of the crop, along with the latest information regarding crops and the situation of the markets at a world level. In addition, during this day of the 15th, the "Onion of La Mancha" quality label will be presented at an international level, highlighting the onions grown in the main producing region of Spain. During November 16th, topics related to the handling of the crop in storage, to new developments in the machinery of collection and of packaging and manipulation, as well as the auxiliary machinery of this industry will all be addressed. All this in a single space, the Palace of Congresses of the city of Albacete.
The IOM 2017 registration form is now available on the different web pages of the event:www.congresointernacionalcebolla.com, and www.internationalonionmeeting.com.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: