Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru has trebled pomegranate exports over the last four seasons
Peruvian exports of fresh pomegranate tripled over the last four seasons, according to Peru's Association of Agrarian Productive Guilds (AGAP)
The guild indicated that in the 2014 (January-June) campaign, shipments of fresh pomegranate from Peru amounted to 9,618 tons, while in the 2017 campaign they reached 28,769 tons.
He also stated that in the 2014 season, shipments reached 9,618 tons; in the 2015 campaign they totaled 15,231 tons, in the 2016 campaign they amounted to 18,635 tons, while in the 2017 campaign 28,769 tons were dispatched.
From the information shown it can be seen that in the campaign of the current year (January-June) shipments of fresh pomegranates grew by 54.38% compared to the previous season.
European countries were the most important pomegranate markets for Peru in the 2017 campaign. The product first entered the United States in this year's campaign.
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: