Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
California avocados sponsor dineL.A. summer restaurant week
The California Avocado Commission (CAC) partnered with dineL.A. this summer to connect with a premium, foodie audience and influencers in the largest market for California avocados, Los Angeles. Kick-off promotions started in mid-June and advertising ran through the dineL.A. event from mid to late July. The program showcased California Avocados amongst the best restaurants in the city.
The dineL.A. Summer Restaurant Week took place in more than 300 restaurants throughout Los Angeles county, offering specially priced lunch and dinner menus. Semi-annual dineL.A. events, similar to restaurant weeks across the country, allow attendees to try a wide variety of culinary specialties at some of the best eateries in the city. To kick off the program, dineLA held two media and influencer preview dinner events showcasing California avocados and the chef ambassador menus. Coverage of the event as well as California avocados has been widespread.
“The county-wide dineL.A. program reached our targeted consumer during the heart of California avocado season,” said Jan DeLyser, CAC vice president marketing. “By sponsoring the event, the Commission promoted the local availability of California avocados and showcased many creative ways to enjoy them.”
California avocado branding was featured on the dineL.A. homepage for four weeks. In addition, seven restaurant/chef ambassadors showcased California avocados on their summer dineL.A. menus, mentioning the fruit in the dish descriptions. Their promotional menus prominently featured the California avocados brand logo as well. Three videos featuring California avocados and the chef ambassadors were promoted on the @discover and @dineLA social channels (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) with a combined following of more than 2 million. The videos also were promoted on a California avocado blog post on discoverlosangeles.com. In addition, two dedicated eBlasts to nearly 200,000 dineL.A. subscribers highlighted the chef ambassadors and their California avocado dishes. Participating restaurants included Akasha, Charcoal Venice, Erven, Fishing with Dynamite, Gracias Madre, Redbird, and The Bellwether. Chef Ted Hopson of The Bellwether also demonstrated one of his menu specials featuring smoky, grilled California avocados on a local news program.
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: