Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
California avocados sponsor dineL.A. summer restaurant week
The California Avocado Commission (CAC) partnered with dineL.A. this summer to connect with a premium, foodie audience and influencers in the largest market for California avocados, Los Angeles. Kick-off promotions started in mid-June and advertising ran through the dineL.A. event from mid to late July. The program showcased California Avocados amongst the best restaurants in the city.
The dineL.A. Summer Restaurant Week took place in more than 300 restaurants throughout Los Angeles county, offering specially priced lunch and dinner menus. Semi-annual dineL.A. events, similar to restaurant weeks across the country, allow attendees to try a wide variety of culinary specialties at some of the best eateries in the city. To kick off the program, dineLA held two media and influencer preview dinner events showcasing California avocados and the chef ambassador menus. Coverage of the event as well as California avocados has been widespread.
“The county-wide dineL.A. program reached our targeted consumer during the heart of California avocado season,” said Jan DeLyser, CAC vice president marketing. “By sponsoring the event, the Commission promoted the local availability of California avocados and showcased many creative ways to enjoy them.”
California avocado branding was featured on the dineL.A. homepage for four weeks. In addition, seven restaurant/chef ambassadors showcased California avocados on their summer dineL.A. menus, mentioning the fruit in the dish descriptions. Their promotional menus prominently featured the California avocados brand logo as well. Three videos featuring California avocados and the chef ambassadors were promoted on the @discover and @dineLA social channels (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) with a combined following of more than 2 million. The videos also were promoted on a California avocado blog post on discoverlosangeles.com. In addition, two dedicated eBlasts to nearly 200,000 dineL.A. subscribers highlighted the chef ambassadors and their California avocado dishes. Participating restaurants included Akasha, Charcoal Venice, Erven, Fishing with Dynamite, Gracias Madre, Redbird, and The Bellwether. Chef Ted Hopson of The Bellwether also demonstrated one of his menu specials featuring smoky, grilled California avocados on a local news program.
Publication date: 9/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: