Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
St Lucia banana production could increase by 300%
St Lucia’s banana production may increase by a whopping 300 per cent if current production trends continue for this year, according to figures released here by marketing agents WINFRESH.
“If the current level of production is maintained, the island could see the production of almost 20 000 tonnes for 2017, which would be an over 300 per cent increase compared to 2016 figures,” the islands Agriculture Minister Ezechiel Joseph told reporters.
Joseph says the figures released by WINFRESH are “very encouraging” and called on farmers to continue to work diligently as government continues to expand the export market for the fruit.
“If we continue with what I am seeing, we might reach almost 20 000 tonnes for the year 2017, despite the fact that [for] the first quarter of 2017… we were recovering from Tropical Storm Matthew, so that’s significant.”
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: