Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Romania: Financial support to be granted to producer organizations
The Romanian Ministry of Agriculture has published a draft law on its own website on the granting of financial aid to producer organizations and other associative entities involved in the marketing of fruit and vegetables.
According to the document, Romania has a lack of agricultural producer associations, with just 24 recognized entities operating at national level. These associations were set up at the initiative of the producers, having as their main objective the concentration of supply and the marketing of their members' products.
The Ministry's project aims to create the legal framework for the granting of financial aid to producer organizations and other associative forums marketing fruit and vegetables in order to facilitate the consolidation process of associative forms.
To qualify for financial aid, beneficiaries (recognised producer organizations and other marketing associations) must submit and approve an operational program valid for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years.
Financial support will be limited to 4.1% of the value of the production marketed (PPC) by each producer organization, although the threshold may be raised based on certain criteria.
The objective behind the provision of financial support is to increase the quantity and quality of fruit and vegetable products and to make a more efficient use of them, thereby guaranteeing the stabilization of prices on the market, the supply of sufficient raw material to processors and the balancing of the trade balance by stimulating the supply of domestic fruit and vegetables.
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: