Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Coca Cola launches orange Minute Maid sourced from India
As part of its increasing focus on non-sparkling drinks, Coca-Cola today launched an orange variant of its pulpy juice Minute Maid.
The company is sourcing oranges from Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh and the product is made at the joint venture it has with Jain Irrigation in Thane district. The JV is also popularising five varieties of Brazilian oranges among farmers, Coca-Cola global president and chief executive James Quincey said.
He also said the new variant will have 10 per cent orange juice and 5 per cent pulp. Already the company offers orange flavoured Fanta with similar content and also a mosambi variant of Minute Maid.
The new launch is in tune with its journey to create a virtuous fruit circular economy by using a variety of fruits in its beverages, Quincey said as chief minister Devendra Fadnavis launched the brand.
The company said itís already working with 4 lakh farmers and training many of them on innovative and effective ways of practising horticulture.
Coca-Cola had recently announced a contribution of over USD 1.7 billion in the fruit circular economy over the next 5 years and around USD 900 million of this will be towards procuring processed fruit pulp and fruit concentrates.
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: