Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
2017 Produce Business Marketing Excellence Award
The National Mango Board awarded for 9th year in a row
The National Mango Board’s (NMB) “Mangos as a Cultural Icon” marketing initiative was honored with the Produce Business Marketing Excellence Award. The award recognizes innovative produce companies who are revolutionizing the way the produce industry connects its products to consumers. This marks the 9th year in a row the NMB’s marketing achievements are recognized by the Produce Business.
Mangos as a cultural icon manifested in all the NMB programs from 2016 to date. From social campaigns to spokespeople and bloggers, the NMB conceptualized the mango culinary impact and illustrated its varying global forms for mango lovers. The NMB garnered more Facebook engagement than ever before by connecting with consumers through the Mangos Around the World campaign. Similarly, the 'Share. Mango. Love.' efforts brought the farm-to-table story to life and offered imagery that helped illuminate the mango's cultural roots.
Spokesperson Ayesha Curry remembered mangos from her upbringing as she provided recipes inspired by her Jamaican grandmother. Recipes were born that consequently inspired Foodservice and Retail programs, driving demand and consumption. All these efforts connect mangos to more than just a variety or recipe – they guide the journey of the mango experience, and tell the story of this cultural icon.
“Our purpose with this initiative is to more authentically highlight the NMB’s vision – to bring the world’s love of mangos to the U.S.,” stated Valda Coryat, Director of Marketing at the NMB. “As one of the most beloved fruits in the world, mangos present a unique opportunity to invite the U.S. consumer to travel through taste and experience the global mango culture from the comfort of their local community.”
National Mango Board
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: