Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Tasmanian growers adding value for export
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
2017 Produce Business Marketing Excellence Award
The National Mango Board awarded for 9th year in a row
The National Mango Board’s (NMB) “Mangos as a Cultural Icon” marketing initiative was honored with the Produce Business Marketing Excellence Award. The award recognizes innovative produce companies who are revolutionizing the way the produce industry connects its products to consumers. This marks the 9th year in a row the NMB’s marketing achievements are recognized by the Produce Business.
Mangos as a cultural icon manifested in all the NMB programs from 2016 to date. From social campaigns to spokespeople and bloggers, the NMB conceptualized the mango culinary impact and illustrated its varying global forms for mango lovers. The NMB garnered more Facebook engagement than ever before by connecting with consumers through the Mangos Around the World campaign. Similarly, the 'Share. Mango. Love.' efforts brought the farm-to-table story to life and offered imagery that helped illuminate the mango's cultural roots.
Spokesperson Ayesha Curry remembered mangos from her upbringing as she provided recipes inspired by her Jamaican grandmother. Recipes were born that consequently inspired Foodservice and Retail programs, driving demand and consumption. All these efforts connect mangos to more than just a variety or recipe – they guide the journey of the mango experience, and tell the story of this cultural icon.
“Our purpose with this initiative is to more authentically highlight the NMB’s vision – to bring the world’s love of mangos to the U.S.,” stated Valda Coryat, Director of Marketing at the NMB. “As one of the most beloved fruits in the world, mangos present a unique opportunity to invite the U.S. consumer to travel through taste and experience the global mango culture from the comfort of their local community.”
National Mango Board
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: