Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Customs officials announce total standstill
The National Association of Customs Officials (Anfach) met with the government seeking a response to their demands, but the dialogues did not have the expected results, so the union announced a national strike, which "should end in a total stoppage of activities if they do not mediate in the fulfillment of the agreements ".
The leaders of the Anfach criticize the "delaying responses", which they say, make it clear that the Ministry of Finance is the only part that does not want to advance in solving the problem.
Therefore, the organization's national directory, in accordance with the mandate of the National Assembly and the Boards of Presidents, reported that it has begun the national strike.
"We informed the officials who, in the recent past, have fulfilled the unworthy role of breaking strikes, that the possible stoppage of these activities is anti-union. Practices that will not be accepted. We call on these officials not to get in the middle of the trade union's path, since as of now Anfach's passive situation exhibited in the last standstill will be quite different and, therefore, each official who breaks a strike must abide by the consequences.
We call on all Customs officials from Arica to Punta Arenas to prepare for the Great National Mobilization that will be informed and convened, " said the association.
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: