Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Organics Unlimited to celebrate GROW month in September
GROW Month, a 30-day observation led by San Diego-based organic banana grower and importer Organics Unlimited, begins on September 1. The GROW month initiative focuses on partnering with retailers and media to create consumer awareness of GROW’s social responsibility programs which promote sustainability, education and health programs. The GROW program benefits underserved communities in banana growing regions of Mexico and Ecuador through the sale of organic bananas.
Since 2005, through retailer and distributor support, GROW organic banana purchases have provided over $2 million in aid. A percentage derived from the purchase of each box of GROW organic bananas is earmarked for the GROW fund. These funds are used for youth educational programs, health clinics and dental and vision care in Mexico; clean water and early childhood education programs in Ecuador; and environmental initiatives in the San Diego-Tijuana border region.
Expanded social responsibility program
“We’re particularly excited this year as our social responsibility programs have expanded health care services for even more people to create additional positive change,” said Mayra Velazquez de Leon, president and CEO of Organics Unlimited and GROW. “During GROW month, we want more consumers to connect with the meaning of truly making a significant difference in the lives of the less fortunate. We want them to develop a greater understanding of the significant impact their GROW banana purchases have and recognize that they really can help change lives.”
Consumer demand continues to grow for organic produce that is sustainably and ethically grown, but also contributes to positive social change. Since its founding in 2000, Organics Unlimited has been committed to providing a truly organic and sustainable product to consumers in the United States, Canada and Asia.
Retailers can participate in GROW month throughout September and raise awareness of GROW’s humanitarian work by purchasing GROW labeled organic bananas and sharing hashtag #GROWmonth on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Organics Unlimited has created a GROW month toolkit of items that retailers can use in-store and online. For additional materials and retailer support, contact email@example.com. Consumers will also see outdoor advertising that promotes GROW organic bananas in select U.S. cities.
Tel: 619-906-5540 ext. 306
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: