Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cherry Time® donates $23K to help SA farmworkers with childcare
Cherry Time is Dutoit Agri’s product-specific trademark for larger, firmer cherries and was launched in 2014. The company believes that the same love and care that goes into the production of Cherry Time cherries, should also be invested in the welfare of farmworkers and their children.
"We recognise our responsibility to the people in the communities in which we operate. Every year a portion of our local profits is given back to our workers and their families, making Cherry Time sustainable not only for this season, but also for the future."
The increased number of children at Excelsior, one of the Dutoit Agri cherry farms, has created interest under the Cherry Time team with a focus on the development of a new day-care centre. Cherry Time has donated US $23,000 to help provide a safe learning environment that can benefit the farmworkers' children for years to come — and ultimately build a stronger community.
DLX Logistics, who is directly involved in the transport and logistics of Cherry Time, has joined Cherry Time in support of the Excelsior day-care project with a donation of US $19,167.
"With this project, Cherry Time in partnership with DLX Logistics strives to change the lives of the farmworkers children by providing the opportunities that the children deserve," Cherry Time said in a release.
For more information:
Tel: +27 074 968 5168
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: