Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Cherry Time® donates $23K to help SA farmworkers with childcare
Cherry Time is Dutoit Agri’s product-specific trademark for larger, firmer cherries and was launched in 2014. The company believes that the same love and care that goes into the production of Cherry Time cherries, should also be invested in the welfare of farmworkers and their children.
"We recognise our responsibility to the people in the communities in which we operate. Every year a portion of our local profits is given back to our workers and their families, making Cherry Time sustainable not only for this season, but also for the future."
The increased number of children at Excelsior, one of the Dutoit Agri cherry farms, has created interest under the Cherry Time team with a focus on the development of a new day-care centre. Cherry Time has donated US $23,000 to help provide a safe learning environment that can benefit the farmworkers' children for years to come — and ultimately build a stronger community.
DLX Logistics, who is directly involved in the transport and logistics of Cherry Time, has joined Cherry Time in support of the Excelsior day-care project with a donation of US $19,167.
"With this project, Cherry Time in partnership with DLX Logistics strives to change the lives of the farmworkers children by providing the opportunities that the children deserve," Cherry Time said in a release.
For more information:
Tel: +27 074 968 5168
Publication date: 9/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: