Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Local Shine Muscat grapes increasingly popular
"Shine Muscat grapes, the variety that we grow, were first bred in Japan. In the past few years, they also started coming to China, where farmers tested and promoted them. The total production quantity has been growing year after year. These grapes are crunchy, juicy, smell likes roses, and are of great quality. Compared to Kyoho grapes, Shine Muscat grapes are easier to grow. Their fruiting season is longer, so when they are ripe, they keep hanging on trees for two to three months," according to Mr. Chen Fangming from Jiaxing Xiuzhou District Wangjiangjing Shuofeng Ecological Farm.
Packaged Shine Muscat grapes
Bagged production of Shine Muscat grapes
"Our greenhouses are located in Jiaxing, Zhejiang. They are around 11 hectares (108 mu), where we mainly grow Shine Muscat grapes. Our annual production quantity is approximately 1,750 kilograms. This is 10% more than last year. This year, the total production of grapes in Zhejiang, and even in all of China, has grown from last year. This is mainly because of the stable weather, production expansion and advanced production technologies."
Packaged Shine Muscat grapes
"In Zhejiang, Shine Muscat grapes enter the market on 20 July, and leave around 20 September. The current market price is 22 yuan per 500 gram. This is an increase of 37.5% of last year's price of 16 yuan per 500 gram. This price increase has made us implement stricter quality control. In order to guarantee natural production, our sprouts all come from the Jinhua Jinteng company. Furthermore, in the production process, we only use our own fertilizer."
Shuofeng Ecological Farm
"Our Shine Muscat grapes are mostly sold through traditional sales channels to distributors and supermarkets in Jiaxing, Nanjing and Guangzhou. Currently, we are working to expand the market. We are hoping to find partners in Beijing and Shanghai, so we can work together to let even more consumers taste Jiaxing's special grapes."
Jiaxing Xiuzhou District Wangjiangjing Shuofeng Ecological Farm
Phone: +86 137 5807 1116
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: