Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan region plans to increase hazelnut production
Hazelnut growing is the main source of income for the population in the northwestern region of Azerbaijan, Balakan. The new economic realities, and growing state support, have increased local farmers’ interest in this sector.
Last year 4,000 tons of hazelnut was harvested from the Balakan region. The rural population earned 12 million manats ($7.06 million) from hazelnut production. This year farmers expect to harvest about 5,000 tons of hazelnuts.
Meanwhile, Balakan continues to expand its hazelnut gardens. Over the past two years the total area of hazelnut gardens in the region was expanded by 2,264 hectares to 7,990 hectares.
In the coming years, the region plans to increase the area of hazelnut gardens by at least 3,000 hectares through the state support.
In the coming years the country plans to increase hazelnut gardens from the current 55,000 hectares to 80,000 hectares, as well as to expand the geography of hazelnut production, which currently covers 13 regions of the country. The potential of the country is measured in hundreds of thousands of hectares.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: