Job offersmore »
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
China's COSCO Shipping reports $288m in first-half profit
China's COSCO Shipping Holdings Co reported a first-half profit on Wednesday and forecast that improved demand in the container shipping market would continue for the rest of the year.
China's largest shipping group, which last month offered to buy a Hong Kong peer to become the world's third-largest container liner, said January-June net profit was 1.86 billion yuan ($288.32 million).
That matched an estimate it announced in July, citing improved market conditions. It also booked revenues of 43.5 billion yuan for the period.
Having endured a lengthy slump, the global container shipping industry has shown signs of recovery this year as overcapacity eases and freight rates increase.
COSCO said it expected to see continued good demand in the market, but that there were still some uncertainties ahead as the industry was awaiting a new delivery of ships that would add more capacity.
Denmark's AP Moeller Maersk A/S gave an upbeat outlook for container shipping earlier this month, saying market "fundamentals are at their best since 2010".
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: