Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan encouraged to improve seed potato quality
The Variety Evaluation Committee (VEC) on the Potato of Pakistan Agriculture Research Council (PARC) has recommended improving the quality of local certified seed through tissue culture.
In a meeting it asked for the establishment of a National Potato Institute to enhance per acre crop output for sustainable agriculture development in the country. The initiative will not only be a step forward to sustainable agriculture growth but also reap economic benefits by increasing per acre yield to fetch foreign exchange by exporting the surplus produce, it added.
The VEC on Potato, which met with Chairman PARC Dr Yusuf Zafar in the chair, also noted that due to the research of agri-scientists, potato seed import has reduced by 50 percent.
The PARC chairman said that, through planning and technical assistance, the private and public sectors in certified potato production have been strengthened, which resulted in a 50 percent reduction of the import of the seed potatoes, he added.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: