Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Migros is testing the sale of Migusto Foodboxes
Migros has now started a new pilot project. In six selected stores in German-speaking Switzerland one can now buy the so-called Foodbox ingredients which change on a weekly basis. Every box contains all the ingredients for a special Migusto-meal for two persons and costs between 22.50 and 33 Swiss francs.
Foodboxes for preparing meals like these are already increasingly demanded in Switzerland. To find out whether Migros customers are interested in this trend as well, Migros is starting to sell the boxes in selected stores. The boxes include everything you need to make a Migusto meal for two. This includes, depending on the recipe, vegetables or fruit, meat or fish, spices and a detailed recipe-card with preparation instructions.
The trial is supposed to go on for twelve weeks. Every week there will be a new meal which is developed especially for those boxes by Migusto chefs. The first foodbox holds the ingredients for a tasty vegetable risotto with Burratina. In the following week there will be fettuccine with baked raw ham and olives. The foodboxes are prepared by hand at the M-Industriebetrieb Bischofszell Nahrungsmittel AG (BINA) numerous times during the week. All ingredients have to be obtained by BINA and packaged in the right amounts which is the reason for the relatively high price.
Participating stores are in Buchs AG, at the train station in Bern, in Zurich (Migros City), Uster, as well as Wil and Steinhausen (Zugerland).
At the end of the trial Migros will evaluate the sales and survey their customers to decide whether they will keep the foodboxes as part and parcel of their range.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: