Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Rio Negro's fruits look for opportunities in United Arab Emirates
With the objective of generating relationships in order to establish commercialization channels for products from the Rio Negro region to the United Arab Emirates, a meeting was organized with the participation of fruit producers, cattle ranchers, and entrepreneurs linked to fine fruits and nuts.
The meeting organized by the Emirate Chamber of Commerce in Argentina allowed for the introduction of trade possibilities with this market to the producers who participated in the meeting, along with the Secretary of Livestock and Agriculture Tabare Bassi; the Fruticultura undersecretary, Pablo De Azevedo; the local mayor, Gustavo Genusso, and the lawmaker Arabela Carreras.
In this regard, Bassi explained that "the products in which they showed the greatest interest were in sheep and goat meat, alfalfa production, fine fruits and nuts. In the framework of the meeting products were also tasted, including the Alto Valle apple ".
An important aspect of this meeting was that the producers were in direct contact with the entrepreneur Waleid Abdul-Karim, CEO of the holding company On Time Group, and bringing together 15 companies linked to the United Arab Emirates.
For his part, Pablo De Azevedo remarked that "everyone present could show their products. For this reason, the Villa Regina fruit producers participated with apples in the tasting. This was seen as positive by foreign entrepreneurs who pointed out their need to import healthy products, with apples being found among those."
"We will continue to work to see the possibility of installing a Rio Negro product in that market, while always having Dubai as a center, and then distribute from there to other states," said the Fruticultura Undersecretary.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: