Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru exported less canned asparagus from January to July
During the period from January to July of this year, Peru exported 15,164,914 kilograms of canned asparagus for a FOB value of US $ 51,378,732. This record marks a decrease from the 20,570,349 kilos shipped in that same period in 2016 for a value of US $ 70,352,442.
According to the Agrodata Peru portal, the main market reached by this Peruvian product was France, where purchases were made for US $15,318,780. They were followed by Spain (US $ 14,496,402), the United States (US $ 9,244,044), Germany (US$2,938,191), Australia, (US$1,712,871), Italy and several others with smaller amounts that together added up to US $ 4,013,866.
According to that same source Green Peru SA was among the country's main importing companies, and responsible for 28% of exports. Following them were Danper Trujillo SAC (22%), Virú SA (20%), Sociedad Agrícola Virú SA (12%), Tal SA (5%), Agualima SAC (3%), Agribusiness AIB SA Agroexportadora del Perú SAC (2%), Conservas Vegetales Cerro Verde SAC (2%) and several others with less than 4%.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: