- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
Mockbeggar’s growers produce around 435 tonnes of rhubarb per annum which is now being packed by ULMA’s Sienna flowrapper at a rate of up to 3,500 packs a day during the peak season in March and April.
Joao Estanqueiro Le, Mockbeggar’s Pack House Manager, says the packaging process of the fruit, which can come in random lengths, has been transformed since the Sienna was installed. What used to take a whole day of manual labour is now ready for shipping to Mockbeggar’s customers, which include many of the major high street stores, in half that time.
He added: “We did compare suppliers but knew of ULMA and went to see their machines in action. We liked the robust construction and ease of operation. The equipment has made a huge difference to our productivity and their after-sales service is also excellent. We would go to ULMA again if in the market for packaging machinery and I would recommend them to other companies.”
ULMA offers the Sienna in both flowrap and shrink wrap versions for loose, irregular shaped products in polypropylene or polyolefin films. It has a touch screen operation with multi-product memory which means that changeovers can be made quickly and simply at the press of a button. The machine also benefits from ‘no product - no bag’ and ‘misplaced product detection’ systems, as well as working with clear and printed film.
According to ULMA retailers are demanding that suppliers in the fresh produce industry not only have packaging systems in place that protect the integrity of goods and offer excellent presentation, but can also accelerate the process of getting them to stores as well as prolong shelf life, which the company believes they have been able to deliver.
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1909 506 504
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2017 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 08/30/2017 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 08/29/2017 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 08/28/2017 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 08/25/2017 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
- 08/24/2017 Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
- 08/23/2017 Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
- 08/22/2017 There are big opportunities in local markets for fresh cut
- 08/21/2017 On-the-go produce industry growing by 10% each year
- 08/18/2017 "The market for snack carrots growing rapidly"
- 08/17/2017 US based Global Cooling installs fresh-cut precooler
- 08/16/2017 Key Technology to introduce VERYX sorters to the Middle East
- 08/15/2017 Fresh cut demand at Tesco grows by 10%
- 08/14/2017 Bizerba now exclusive distributor of Brunner-Anliker vegetable-slicer in Germany
- 08/11/2017 "It won't be long before organic is the new standard"
- 08/10/2017 "More mangoes and blueberries being frozen"
- 08/09/2017 Bonduelle Group records 16.3% increase in turnover
- 08/08/2017 Global Focus Fresh-Cut
- 08/07/2017 Fresh cuts benefit from new, more-powerful Precooler/Recooler
- 08/31/2016 Short-course on Fresh-cut Produce, 2 weeks left to register