Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipmentOne of the largest suppliers of soft and stone fruits in the UK, Mockbeggar, claims to have seen a dramatic increase in productivity at its farm pack house in Rochester, after installing a Sienna Horizontal Flowrapper from ULMA Packaging.
Mockbeggar’s growers produce around 435 tonnes of rhubarb per annum which is now being packed by ULMA’s Sienna flowrapper at a rate of up to 3,500 packs a day during the peak season in March and April.
Joao Estanqueiro Le, Mockbeggar’s Pack House Manager, says the packaging process of the fruit, which can come in random lengths, has been transformed since the Sienna was installed. What used to take a whole day of manual labour is now ready for shipping to Mockbeggar’s customers, which include many of the major high street stores, in half that time.
He added: “We did compare suppliers but knew of ULMA and went to see their machines in action. We liked the robust construction and ease of operation. The equipment has made a huge difference to our productivity and their after-sales service is also excellent. We would go to ULMA again if in the market for packaging machinery and I would recommend them to other companies.”
ULMA offers the Sienna in both flowrap and shrink wrap versions for loose, irregular shaped products in polypropylene or polyolefin films. It has a touch screen operation with multi-product memory which means that changeovers can be made quickly and simply at the press of a button. The machine also benefits from ‘no product - no bag’ and ‘misplaced product detection’ systems, as well as working with clear and printed film.
According to ULMA retailers are demanding that suppliers in the fresh produce industry not only have packaging systems in place that protect the integrity of goods and offer excellent presentation, but can also accelerate the process of getting them to stores as well as prolong shelf life, which the company believes they have been able to deliver.
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1909 506 504
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: