Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran introduces new packaging standards for fruit and veg
From 6 November 2017, the export of fruits and vegetables from Iran will be permitted only when complying with the new packaging standards defined by the Iranian Trade Promotion Organization. The goods will also have to be transported by means of refrigerated containers and ships, as stated by the Customs Administration of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
According to the Iranian Trade Promotion Organization (TRW), wholesale trade in Iranian agricultural products in recent years has contributed to a decline in its quality and prices. The new decree is aimed at preventing agricultural waste and protecting Iranian brands, reports the Financial Tribune.
According to the figures published by the Ministries of agriculture and Industry, between 25% and 30% of Iran's agricultural products are damaged every year due to improper packaging. This leads to an annual loss of $ 10 billion a year.
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: