Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Romania: Record potato yield in Harghita County
Compared to previous years, this year's potato production in Harghita County is surprisingly good. Thanks to the rare warmth recorded in the right period, growers have already been able to start harvesting.
This year, each hectare is yielding about 26 tonnes of potatoes. Over the last decade, 2004 had been the most prominent year in this regard, with 23 tonnes of potatoes per hectare, but the annual average is 19 to 20 tonnes.
Jenő Török, head of the Agriculture Directorate of Harghita County, explained that "this year, every factor shaping the potato production has been good. In recent weeks, the weather was very hot, which helped to speed up the development, but at the same time, the amount of precipitation was good and it came just in time. The weather was particularly good at Alcsík and Felcsík, with about 120 litres of rainfall per square metre. The average is usually 90 litres. In Gheorgh, however, there was a drought, with only 60 litres of rainfall, so the potato production volume in that area is closer to the long-term average."
Publication date: 8/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: