Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwe tops list of countries with growing perishable exportsThe world’s appetite for fresh products is growing. Time is of the essence to ensure perishables such as fruits and vegetables, flowers and other products reach their destinations without losing shelf life.
According to freight forwarder Panalpina, one country showing new ambition and potential when it comes to exporting fresh produce is Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe topped the list of countries showing promise for growing perishable exports, including Azerbaijan, Serbia, Angola and Scotland.
Zimbabwe is a successful producer of raspberries, blueberries and asparagus, the latter being a traditional Latin American product. But good weather conditions and increased foreign demand are pushing growth.
High-value crops such as raspberries, blueberries and stone fruit are grown in the northern Mashonaland province, in the Midlands and the southern Masvingo province. Most of the country’s perishables are exported to supermarket chains in Europe, particularly in the UK. Many local producers see growth opportunities and would like to tap more into Western markets as they plan to expand production.
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: