Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk begins import of fresh fruits into India's NCR regionMaersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group has enabled the import of the first ever consignment of fresh fruits for Dev Bhumi Cold Chain Pvt Ltd into the NCR region. The consignment of fresh fruits which left Durban on the 2nd of August reached Sonepat in NCR on the 22nd of August.
At present, 30-35% of all fruits being imported into India are for the NCR market. Maersk Line’s import services are aimed at simplifying current supply chain, thus saving costs for consignees. Fruit importers from North India who are currently importing into Nhava Sheva and trucking it into NCR face shortage of space in the warehouses of Mumbai and availability of refrigerated trucks for their movement during import peak. Maersk Line aims at providing a solution to these challenges.
Mr Steve Felder, Managing Director, Managing Director – Maersk Line India Pvt Ltd, said, “ This is a very proud moment for all of us to play such a crucial role in the import of this first ever consignment of fresh produce into NCR. Our role is to simplify and enable trade through our increased service offerings and constant innovation for our customers. This is in line with our belief of enabling the India growth story by providing customers with a reliable, cost-effective and viable logistical solution.”
Simplifying the current supply chain will not only help consignees save logistics cost but also with less manual handling it will ensure quality and freshness of the fruit. Through Maersk Line’s offering, the transportation time between the point of origin and the port reduce considerably, facilitating a one stop solution closer to the place of origin of cargo. The move will enable faster trade, present new market opportunities and add value to the existing supply chain.
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: