Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Apple surplus in warehouses contrasts with low sales
The Fuji apple supply in Qixia and Zhaoyuan, cities near Yantai in Shandong province, have markedly risen recently, yet the situation is still stable. Amounts of early variety apples are rising. However, sales are not that good. There is a great contrast between the abundance inside the warehouses and the low sales.
There are different reasons for that. On the one hand, the surplus of apples in warehouses is larger than in previous years. New fruits are transported to the market immediately. If the situation doesn't change, Fuji apples will remain in the warehouses and the price will rise insignificantly. In case the situation suddenly changes and sales level improves, the prices might increase noticeably. On the other hand, under the influence of this year's hot and dry weather Red Gala apples are smaller and the quality is a bit lower than in previous years. Because of this, Red Gala sales are worth less than before and the price is lower - about 10-20 fen. The volume of new apples is increasing every day. In addition, North-west wild peach production and sales have just reached a peak. It is reasonable to assume that Red Gala apples' price situation will remain precarious.
Source: Shanxi Nongminbao (Taiyuan)
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: