Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya allows the use of 53 new potato varieties for french friesKenya has introduced 53 new varieties of Irish potatoes that meet the required standards set by international fast food joints as the country moves to cut imports.
The varieties released by Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (Kephis) and potato breeders have been improved to meet the standards.
Many international hotel chains and restaurants in the country such as KFC have been importing potatoes to meet the tastes of their French fry customers.
“These restaurants that have set up shop in the country have quality standards to adhere to, hence a need suitable potato varieties to produce their food," says Kephis managing director Esther Kimani.
“The release of new varieties in essence means that these hotels and restaurants do not have to import potato.”
Kephis says the new varieties are resistant to diseases, a move that will help farmers cut costs incurred in controlling diseases.
Read more at nation.co.ke
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: