- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
One possible method to solve this rather than conventional washing could be the application of non-thermal atmospheric pressure plasma for washing and drying of fresh and fresh-cut produce.
Researchers from the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology in Greifswald, Germany presented an experimental set-up based on a microwave-plasma source, which generates plasma processed air (PPA) in a recent study.
The method for the generation of antimicrobial active air presented within this work showed a potential for decontaminating fresh cut produce from six different microorganisms with microwave plasma processed air (PPA) based on compressed air.
The promising results and the advantages of plasma processed air (low-temperature, simple and cheap generation, comparability to ozonized air) offer a wide range of possible applications and non-thermal plasma might be implemented in the food industry for the decontamination of raw agricultural products such as apples, lettuce, almonds, mangoes, melons and other goods within a few years.
Read more at advancedsciencenews.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2017 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 08/30/2017 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 08/29/2017 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 08/28/2017 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 08/25/2017 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
- 08/24/2017 Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
- 08/23/2017 Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
- 08/22/2017 There are big opportunities in local markets for fresh cut
- 08/21/2017 On-the-go produce industry growing by 10% each year
- 08/18/2017 "The market for snack carrots growing rapidly"
- 08/17/2017 US based Global Cooling installs fresh-cut precooler
- 08/16/2017 Key Technology to introduce VERYX sorters to the Middle East
- 08/15/2017 Fresh cut demand at Tesco grows by 10%
- 08/14/2017 Bizerba now exclusive distributor of Brunner-Anliker vegetable-slicer in Germany
- 08/11/2017 "It won't be long before organic is the new standard"
- 08/10/2017 "More mangoes and blueberries being frozen"
- 08/09/2017 Bonduelle Group records 16.3% increase in turnover
- 08/08/2017 Global Focus Fresh-Cut
- 08/07/2017 Fresh cuts benefit from new, more-powerful Precooler/Recooler
- 08/31/2016 Short-course on Fresh-cut Produce, 2 weeks left to register