Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Polish juice market is on a surge
Health trends are behind the gradual growth of juice consumption in the Polish market. According to data from Euromonitor, the total value of the juice market in 2016 amounted to PLN 5.5 billion (about 1.29 billion Euro), compared to PLN 5.1 billion (about 1.20 billion Euro) in 2015. In turn, the forecasts point to the market's value reaching PLN 5.8 billion (about 1.36 billion Euro) by the end of 2017, and PLN 6.1 billion (about 1.44 billion Euro) by the end of 2019.
According to a report from the Polish Association of Juice and Soft Drinks Producers (AIJN), Poles drank 543 million litres of fruit juices in 2016. Also, according to research firm Euromonitor, in 2016 Maspex was the leader in the juice segment in Poland, followed by juice brands of companies such as Hortex Holding, Jeronimo Martins, Fortuna and Tesco Polska.
In the whole of the European Union, there was a 1.6% drop in the consumption of 100% pure fruit juices in 2016. Still, in Poland, consumption of these products increased by nearly 40 million litres compared to 2015 (7.9%). According to CSO data, the consumption of 100% pure juices in Poland in 2015 also increased compared to the previous year (by 6.8%, i.e. to 11.28 litres per person), and in 2016, as compared to the previous year, it increased by 6.4% (up to 12 litres per person). In 2016, the average Pole drank nearly one litre of juice per month; that is, over 33ml of juice a day and two millilitres more than a year ago. This, in any case, is still a lot less than the 250 ml per day recommended by experts.
Publication date: 8/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: