- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
The SC variety which has been widely produced and exported in Ghana since the 1980’s, was abandoned by farmers as a result of a varietal shift to an increasing high demand for the MD2 pineapple variety by importers in the EU in 2005.
As a result of this shift in market demand for MD2, Ghana has seen a decline in the volume of exports - with smallholder farmers who contributed between 35 – 50% of the export volume of pineapple before 2004, bearing the brunt.
Addressing stakeholders at Bomart Farms Nsawam, Ms Kekeli Klenam, Chief Executive of GEPA, said the project aimed to address weak supply chains to the processing firms and also to promote exports of air- freighted Smooth Cayenne pineapples into a niche market in the EU.
She said GEPA has, as part of the implementation of the National Export Strategy (NES), developed a comprehensive four-year work plan for the revitalization of the smooth cayenne variety of pineapple, for both fresh and high value processed markets..
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2017 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 08/30/2017 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 08/29/2017 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 08/28/2017 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 08/25/2017 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
- 08/24/2017 Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
- 08/23/2017 Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
- 08/22/2017 There are big opportunities in local markets for fresh cut
- 08/21/2017 On-the-go produce industry growing by 10% each year
- 08/18/2017 "The market for snack carrots growing rapidly"
- 08/17/2017 US based Global Cooling installs fresh-cut precooler
- 08/16/2017 Key Technology to introduce VERYX sorters to the Middle East
- 08/15/2017 Fresh cut demand at Tesco grows by 10%
- 08/14/2017 Bizerba now exclusive distributor of Brunner-Anliker vegetable-slicer in Germany
- 08/11/2017 "It won't be long before organic is the new standard"
- 08/10/2017 "More mangoes and blueberries being frozen"
- 08/09/2017 Bonduelle Group records 16.3% increase in turnover
- 08/08/2017 Global Focus Fresh-Cut
- 08/07/2017 Fresh cuts benefit from new, more-powerful Precooler/Recooler
- 08/31/2016 Short-course on Fresh-cut Produce, 2 weeks left to register