Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit qualityABL spa is an Italian based company, situated in the heart of the Emilia Romagna Valley, and works in the design, construction and servicing of fruit processing equipment.
Their mission is to carry innovation to the market and serve all companies oriented towards experimentation and technological progress.
“At the heart of our engagement there is always the client” says Mr. Carlo Ascari founder of ABL spa, “and with the client we want to create a lasting relationship of trust based on knowledge, experience and intuition and reciprocal fidelity”.
On the occasion of their 40th anniversary, several activities will take place, including a collaboration with the Research Unit on Postharvest Technology at the University of Foggia (Postharvest Unifg), with a full 3-year scholarship for a doctoral position (within the PhD program on “Management of innovation in the Agricultural and Food System of the Mediterranean Region”) finalized to research activities on the “Effects of peeling and cutting machinery on the quality and shelf-life of fresh-cut fruits”.
In charge of the Doctorate program is Prof. Giancarlo Colelli, full Professor of Postharvest Technology of horticultural crops” at the University of Foggia, Italy, who has recently coordinated the European Project QUAFETY (with 14 partners from 7 Countries), and has been the main organizer of all the editions of the “European Short-course on Quality & Safety of Fresh-cut produce”, a 3-day industry-oriented training course in Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, and Turkey.
“The collaboration with the industry is very important for our research unit” says Prof. Colelli “and ABL spa, with its history of innovation, represents the perfect partner for our Program”.
The Doctoral position is open to all applicants, regardless of nationality, who at the application deadline, are in possession of the academic qualification required by the Call. Deadline for the application is September 15, 2017.
“The opportunity to host and support international candidates for the PhD program aims to promote the spread of knowledge all over the geography of the agricultural and food systems“ says Dr. Daniela Ascari in charge for Special Projects at ABL spa, “and the cooperation with the Unit led by Prof. Colelli, one of the world's most important research group in this field, is very stimulating in order to reach our objectives”.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: