Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Luc van den Aker (FME)
"Sweet honey truffle for mushroom lovers"
Fresh Mushrooms Europe are offering a first: the Honey Truffle. This pale, grey-white truffle is found primarily under black Acacia trees that grow in the rich, sandy soil on the banks of the Danube in Hungary. The Honey Truffle (Mattirolomyces terfezioides) has a long gastronomical history in Eastern Europe. It was first documented in 1588 when an Hungarian magistrate who declared a forest, well-known for its Hungarian white truffles, as a protected area. It is used in ice cream, sorbets, tarts and other desserts, and is one of the least known truffles in the world.
"This unusual truffle tastes unique", says FME Account Manager, Luc van den Aker. FME is the leading mushroom supplier in the world. "It starts with a very nice subtle taste of mushrooms on the tongue and then develops into a honey-sweet sensation. This one-of-a-kind truffle is a must for truffle or mushroom lovers."
For more information:
Fresh Mushroom Europe
Tel: +32 33 171 819
Publication date: 8/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: