Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Port of Tauranga kiwifruit shipments slip 1.4%The Port of Tauranga has transformed itself into Australasia's most efficient port and has broken records for cargo volumes. However, Kiwifruit volumes slipped 1.4 percent to 982,000 tonnes after a poor growing season.
New Zealand's biggest port company today posted a 7.9 percent gain in annual profit to $83.4 million, at the top of its guidance, in a year when total trade rose 10 percent to a record 22.2 million tonnes. Profit was just below the estimate of $84.1 million from brokerage Forsyth Barr, which has an 'underperform' rating on the stock.
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council operates the container terminal, with productivity which is 59 percent higher than the average of Australian ports, based on Ministry of Transport figures. It handled a record 1.08 million containers in the latest year, up about 14 percent from 2016 levels.
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: