Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Fruit Salad" trees with six varieties per tree now sold in AUThe rightfully named Fruit Salad Tree company has perfected the art of growing up to six different fruits on one tree and this week they’re at the AqQuip in Gunnedah.
Kerry West and her husband started the company in the Tablelands, and moved to Rollands Plains near Wauchope in Australia three years ago.
“My husband learned everything out of books. The trees are a great space-saving idea,” she said.
When you buy a fruit salad tree, the fruit ripen at different times, so it can spread over all summer, or in the case of citrus all year.
All the instructions come with the trees, which are sold online all around Australia and in Tasmania.
The most popular tree is the stone fruit tree with varieties that suit warm and cold climates. There are white and yellow peaches, blood plums, yellow plums, apricots, peachcots (a cross between a peach and an apricot).
The second most popular tree is the citrus one. You can have lemon, winter and summer orange, different types of mandarin, lime, pomelo, ruby grapefruit, tangelo and lemonade.
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: