Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Fruit Salad" trees with six varieties per tree now sold in AUThe rightfully named Fruit Salad Tree company has perfected the art of growing up to six different fruits on one tree and this week they’re at the AqQuip in Gunnedah.
Kerry West and her husband started the company in the Tablelands, and moved to Rollands Plains near Wauchope in Australia three years ago.
“My husband learned everything out of books. The trees are a great space-saving idea,” she said.
When you buy a fruit salad tree, the fruit ripen at different times, so it can spread over all summer, or in the case of citrus all year.
All the instructions come with the trees, which are sold online all around Australia and in Tasmania.
The most popular tree is the stone fruit tree with varieties that suit warm and cold climates. There are white and yellow peaches, blood plums, yellow plums, apricots, peachcots (a cross between a peach and an apricot).
The second most popular tree is the citrus one. You can have lemon, winter and summer orange, different types of mandarin, lime, pomelo, ruby grapefruit, tangelo and lemonade.
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: