Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Fruit Salad" trees with six varieties per tree now sold in AUThe rightfully named Fruit Salad Tree company has perfected the art of growing up to six different fruits on one tree and this week they’re at the AqQuip in Gunnedah.
Kerry West and her husband started the company in the Tablelands, and moved to Rollands Plains near Wauchope in Australia three years ago.
“My husband learned everything out of books. The trees are a great space-saving idea,” she said.
When you buy a fruit salad tree, the fruit ripen at different times, so it can spread over all summer, or in the case of citrus all year.
All the instructions come with the trees, which are sold online all around Australia and in Tasmania.
The most popular tree is the stone fruit tree with varieties that suit warm and cold climates. There are white and yellow peaches, blood plums, yellow plums, apricots, peachcots (a cross between a peach and an apricot).
The second most popular tree is the citrus one. You can have lemon, winter and summer orange, different types of mandarin, lime, pomelo, ruby grapefruit, tangelo and lemonade.
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: