Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Central Market of Buenos Aires (MCBA)
Argentina: Increase persimmon volumes
In the 2016 Central Market of Buenos Aires (MCBA) analysis of the supply of persimmons, it was mentioned that last year there was a 26.3% increase compared to 2015. Thus, in 2016 there was an offer of 377.2 tons, compared to 298.5 in 2015. These data are contained in the Bulletin of Fruits and Vegetables of the INTA-CMCBA No. 63 Agreement sent by the Corporation of the Central Market of Buenos Aires.
Fuyu is to the right
Likewise this explains that persimmon production in Argentina has reduced and it is concentrated in San Pedro, Buenos Aires. In total, the production area reaches 190 hectares, which include other commercial productions from provinces such as Tucumán and Misiones.
Non-astringent varieties, such as Sharon and Fuyu, are the most consumed. However, it is the Fuyu variety that is found in more abundant volumes in the MCBA. It is a seedless variety with virtually no tannins, so that, even when they are green, they're not astringent, and so are able to be consumed in any state of maturation, from relatively hard to very soft, without difficulty.
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: