Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Pulitzer Prize-Winning journalist Bob Woodward to Keynote Washington Conference
Two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, associate editor of the Washington Post and political commentator Bob Woodward, will present "The Age of the American Presidency” at the 2017 United Fresh Washington Conference Breakfast General Session on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
This journalistic icon who gained international attention when he and Carl Bernstein broke the deeply disturbing news of the Watergate scandal will address hundreds of produce industry leaders exploring one of the biggest question marks of our lifetime: the presidency of Donald Trump.
“The past year has been arguably the most bizarre and unpredictable in our country’s political history,” said United Fresh Senior Vice President of Public Policy Robert Guenther. “Bob Woodward’s four-decade career of articulating the nuances surrounding the highest office in America ¬– with his signature aggressive but fair and non-partisan reporting ¬– positions him to deliver an informative and provocative keynote to our industry, with a timely portrait of President Trump.”
Woodward will pull the curtain back on Washington and today’s leaders sharing stories that are sometimes surprising, at times shocking, but always fascinating. Woodward speaks as he writes – crisp and concise – and will help attendees get behind the spin to understand what’s really going on in the halls of power in an age of 24-hour news, social media, and snarky politics.
Professionally, Woodward is currently associate editor for The Washington Post where he’s worked since 1971. He has won nearly every American journalism award, and the Post won the 1973 Pulitzer Prize for his work with Carl Bernstein on the Watergate scandal. In addition, Woodward was the main reporter for the Post’s articles on the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks that won the National Affairs Pulitzer Prize in 2002. Woodward won the Gerald R. Ford Prize for Distinguished Reporting on the Presidency in 2003.
Watergate’s theme of secret government is a common thread throughout Woodward’s career that spawned 18 books – all went on to become national bestsellers – 12 of them #1 – more than any other contemporary nonfiction author. Woodward, a 45-year veteran of The Washington Post, has written twelve #1 national best-sellers on all eight of the last presidents, from Nixon to Obama, as well as the iconic novel "All the President's Men".
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: