Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
A Sweet Success for RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
Recap of How to Speak Southern 2.0
Shuman Produce has completed the second installment of its How to Speak Southern Campaign, which ran during the 2017 peak Vidalia onion season to both educate and entertain consumers. This social media-driven promotion combined a quiz, recipe videos and Vidalia onion facts to engage consumers in the story behind Vidalia onions.
The “Can You Speak Southern” quiz tested knowledge of common phrases used throughout the Southeastern United States. Over 25,000 consumers completed the quiz with over 113,000 visits to the dedicated website and URL. Consumers obviously enjoyed the interactive elements of the campaign along with the prizing. For 10 weeks, a weekly winner was selected to receive a RealSweet® prize pack featuring RealSweet® Vidalia® onions and campaign t-shirt. The grand prize of a Big Green Egg grill, which was awarded to Cathy Garossino of Katy, Texas, also motivated consumers.
“The success of this year’s campaign reinforces consumer’s desires to connect with our RealSweet® brand and Vidalia onions,” said John Shuman, President of Shuman Produce.
“We were confident consumers would enjoy the content, and were pleasantly surprised to substantially grow our social media following and double our consumer email database through this campaign.” said Susannah Lanier, Marketing Coordinator of Shuman Produce.
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: