Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Panalpina Luxembourg gets licence to handle organic producePanalpina’s hub at Luxembourg Airport (LUX) has been officially licenced by Certysis to handle organic fruits and vegetables.
This makes Panalpina the first and only licenced receiver of organic produce at LUX, one of Europe's busiest airports by cargo tonnage, and shows the company’s commitment to developing the Panalpina Perishables Network not just through volume growth, but also by investing in quality processes and value-added services that directly benefit customers.
Quint Wilken, Panalpina’s regional head of Perishables Europe, explains the significance of the latest Certysis certification: “To be able to sell organic fruits or vegetables in the supermarket, every part of the supply chain, from grower to final distributor, needs to be certified by one of the controlling bodies. If the chain is broken, the product is not allowed to be called organic anymore.”
For example, Panalpina uses Luxembourg as an important European import hub for organic avocados from Latin America. These are flown in directly from Mexico using Panalpina’s Boeing 747-8 Freighter, cleared and then trucked to their final destination in Europe.
Panalpina now has three Certysis-licensed airport locations in Europe: London Heathrow as well as Amsterdam and Luxembourg – both directly connected to the tarmac and thus ensuring the shortest possible route between aircraft and transit storage.
For more information:
Panalpina World Transport
Mob: +31 627 339
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: