Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
From 12 to 15 October, Nagua, Dominican Republic
First National Coconut FestivalThe First National Coconut Festival will serve to showcase the gastronomic, economic and environmental attributes of the fruit, as well as the wide range of products made from coconut, but also the main tourist attributes of the municipality of Nagua and the province of María Trinidad Sánchez.
There will be stands with food (based on coconuts), of handicrafts and their workshops, of hotels and restaurants, of coconut art, beach activities, conferences, school competitions, popular artistic activities, live show cookings, a coconut route, murals, choreographies, plays, gastronomic competitions, children's areas, etc.
The Dominican Republic is the world's ninth largest exporter of dried coconuts. In 2009, it shipped 15,115 tonnes to international markets (worth $7.56 million).
More recent data provided by FAO (March 2017) show that this country produces 286,934 tonnes per year, ranking 17 among the world's leading producers.
The main destinations for Dominican dried coconut exports are the United States of America (4,167 million dollars), Haiti (2,666 million dollars) and Canada (467 million dollars), among others.
The country has about 38 thousand hectares of coconut plantations, from which about 300 million coconut units are produced per year. The province of Maria Trinidad Sánchez alone accounts for 36% of the country's total acreage.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: