Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Niti Ayog CEO:
"Organic farming in India has huge potential"India has a huge potential for the consumption of organic products and attempts should be made by progressive farmers to promote it, said NITI Ayog CEO Amitabh Kant on Wednesday.
“Some should become great organic farmers. India needs a couple of success stories. If farmers get better unit realisation value, many will emulate it. Sikkim has done outstanding work in the field of organic farming. I even found that Kiwi (fruit) from Arunachal Pradesh was of better quality than that in New Zealand,” he said in an event marked to release of a report on organic farming.
“As per the study conducted by the International Competence Centre for Organic Agriculture in eight cities in India, there is huge market for organic food. There are opportunities for organic farming businesses.”
Kant however said there were challenges in the availability of input seeds and planting material.
“Availability of organic seeds and planting machines is the most limiting factor. Also, we need to establish facilities that are able to produce consistent quality products. What is critical is consistent quality production. This is where we are lacking,” he said.
Read more at India New England News
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: