Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
From Zombie Skins to Chili Lime Potato Tacos
Potato products designed for the fall season
Fresh Solutions Network announces its fall promotions designed for shoppers who cook and entertain during this busy food-centric season. The monthly themed merchandisers and coordinating point-of-purchase signs will attract shoppers and increase retail potato sales.
Thanksgiving’s reputation as a food driven holiday precedes itself, and according to NPD, the potato is the most commonly served item at Thanksgiving meals in the US. Additionally, sixty-nine percent of Americans plan to celebrate Halloween, while one-third of Americans plan to throw or attend a Halloween party.
“Shoppers are always looking for recipes for seasonal occasions, especially during the fall with Halloween and Thanksgiving kicking off the holidays,” said Kathleen Triou, President and CEO of Fresh Solutions Network.
In addition, Side Delights® has added a Baseball/World Series promotion to capture the continuing trend of entertaining around sporting events at games and at home. Nielsen reported that the World Series was the 4th most watched television show in 2016 with over 40 million viewers, providing another reason for shoppers to search for new and creative recipes.
“This year, in addition to the traditional holidays, we are excited to launch our baseball season and World Series promotion - a great option for cities with teams in the play-offs, or any place where people get together to celebrate and watch the games,” added Triou. “Side Delights® seasonal programming increases sales for America’s #1 favorite vegetable all year long.”
For more information:
Fresh Solutions Network
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: