Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
From Zombie Skins to Chili Lime Potato Tacos
Potato products designed for the fall season
Fresh Solutions Network announces its fall promotions designed for shoppers who cook and entertain during this busy food-centric season. The monthly themed merchandisers and coordinating point-of-purchase signs will attract shoppers and increase retail potato sales.
Thanksgiving’s reputation as a food driven holiday precedes itself, and according to NPD, the potato is the most commonly served item at Thanksgiving meals in the US. Additionally, sixty-nine percent of Americans plan to celebrate Halloween, while one-third of Americans plan to throw or attend a Halloween party.
“Shoppers are always looking for recipes for seasonal occasions, especially during the fall with Halloween and Thanksgiving kicking off the holidays,” said Kathleen Triou, President and CEO of Fresh Solutions Network.
In addition, Side Delights® has added a Baseball/World Series promotion to capture the continuing trend of entertaining around sporting events at games and at home. Nielsen reported that the World Series was the 4th most watched television show in 2016 with over 40 million viewers, providing another reason for shoppers to search for new and creative recipes.
“This year, in addition to the traditional holidays, we are excited to launch our baseball season and World Series promotion - a great option for cities with teams in the play-offs, or any place where people get together to celebrate and watch the games,” added Triou. “Side Delights® seasonal programming increases sales for America’s #1 favorite vegetable all year long.”
For more information:
Fresh Solutions Network
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: