Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Beijing, November 3-5
Philippines partner country of ChinaFVF 2017
The China International Fruit and Vegetable Fair (ChinaFVF 2017) will be held in Beijing on November 3-5 2017. The total exhibition area is expected to double compared with last year.
Under the theme of "Fresh Innovation Drives Leading Industry Brands”, the organisation expects over 350 exhibitors from 25 countries to participate, with visitors from more than 35 countries. On display will be large number of Chinese and international fruit and vegetable varieties and brands.
This edition, the Philippines will be the Partner Country of ChinaFVF after long-term discussions and mutual cooperation.
China and Philippines are the two major countries along the Belt and Road, the professionals from these two countries will work together to carry out a series of activities by utilizing the resources platform of ChinaFVF and growing advantages of Philippines to promote the cooperation and development of fresh industry.
Philippines Pavilion, led by Ministry of Agriculture, will bring well-known fruits and vegetables enterprises and products no matter get the entry protocols or not like pineapples, bananas, mangoes, papayas as well as avocados, dragon fruits, and frozen fruits etc. The pavilion is located in A Zone in Hall E3.
According to government data, the Philippines is the 7th largest mango producer in the world, with an annual output of about 650,000 ~ 750,000 tons. Hong Kong is the top exporter of the Philippine mango, accounting for 80% of the total export volume. The Philippines is also the world's second largest banana producer, with a 95% share of the Asian market. In 2015, the Philippines exported 448 million tons of bananas to China, valued at $158 million. The Philippines has seen a 50 percent increase in fruit exports to China since the ban was lifted in 2016.This development will further open the door to trade between the two countries.
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: