- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- High-density apple plantation demand increases in India's Pulwama district
- “Naturally growing conventional beets is never mentioned”
- Lowveld hailstorm: “We’ve pretty much lost our Valencia export crop”
- Too late for many New Zealand trees
- Dominican mangoes and avocados arrive in Russia for the first time
Top 5 -last week
Australia forms cold chain group to combat food waste
The Australian Food Cold Chain Council (AFCCC) brings together leaders in manufacturing, food transport, refrigeration and cold chain services with a desire to improve compliance and standards in the handling of food at all levels of the cold chain.
Food waste is a massive problem for Australia. On average, Australians are said to waste 860kg of food per person annually, with food wastage accounting for 5% or more of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions.
This new Council sees itself as an important part of the solution, encouraging innovation, compliance, waste reduction and safety across the Australian food cold chain.
Interim chair Mark Mitchell, MD of SuperCool Australia Pacific Pty, a leading cold chain service provider, said: “The new Council is not about promoting an industry – we want to change the industry for the better. One of our priorities will be to apply whatever pressure is needed in industry and in government to make sure the existing Australian standards for cold chain food handling are properly followed."
The new advocacy group’s first priorities will be contributing to both the development of the National Food Waste Strategy and becoming part of Australia’s Fight Food Waste and Fraud Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) which aims to tackle the growing international problem of food waste and fraud by developing the circular food economy in Australia.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 09/13/2018 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 09/13/2018 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost
- 09/05/2018 CMA CGM launches Climactive
- 08/29/2018 OTACCWA wants to reduce Nigeria’s N9 billion post-harvest losses
- 08/29/2018 Dearman launches South Africa cooling project to reduce harvest loss
- 08/28/2018 Gambia: Gunjur to get fruit cold storage facility by late 2019
- 08/27/2018 Seveplant/Verbeek BV opens new cooling facility in Serbia
- 08/21/2018 Dearman technology targets food waste South Africa
- 08/15/2018 China: Vanke acquires Swire Cold Chain Logistics
- 08/10/2018 Mobile chill technology ready for its moment
- 08/09/2018 Microsoft announce 2018 Microsoft Airband Initiative grant Africa recipients
- 07/16/2018 NewCold to open fully automated cold storage facility in Burley, Idaho
- 07/05/2018 Russia: Seven storage units to be built in federal republic of Adygea
- 06/22/2018 Air cargo community should create its own supply chain standard
- 06/11/2018 "Renting a temporary refrigeration system is the ideal solution for capacity problems"
- 06/08/2018 Japan’s cold chain logistics helps Myanmar farmers
- 06/01/2018 Different opportunities for ripening rooms
- 05/28/2018 New storage space with cooling in Australia
- 05/23/2018 Iran: First refrigerated export to UAE via Bandar Lengeh