Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia forms cold chain group to combat food wasteA ground-breaking meeting in Queensland has sparked the formation of Australia’s first group targeted at the cold chain.
The Australian Food Cold Chain Council (AFCCC) brings together leaders in manufacturing, food transport, refrigeration and cold chain services with a desire to improve compliance and standards in the handling of food at all levels of the cold chain.
Food waste is a massive problem for Australia. On average, Australians are said to waste 860kg of food per person annually, with food wastage accounting for 5% or more of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions.
This new Council sees itself as an important part of the solution, encouraging innovation, compliance, waste reduction and safety across the Australian food cold chain.
Interim chair Mark Mitchell, MD of SuperCool Australia Pacific Pty, a leading cold chain service provider, said: “The new Council is not about promoting an industry – we want to change the industry for the better. One of our priorities will be to apply whatever pressure is needed in industry and in government to make sure the existing Australian standards for cold chain food handling are properly followed."
The new advocacy group’s first priorities will be contributing to both the development of the National Food Waste Strategy and becoming part of Australia’s Fight Food Waste and Fraud Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) which aims to tackle the growing international problem of food waste and fraud by developing the circular food economy in Australia.
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: